Skip to main content

To Find.

A Review by Luke Cowling.

I'll be honest and say that most of John Green's library is dribble designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, with the vast majority of his work being eaten up by grey tweens. And that's fine, it's meant to. That's the target audience and the man has made a fortune appealing to it.

This might make me sound bitter, but I'm really not, it's just fact. By why do I mention it, at the risk of sounding hypercritical? Well, that's because one of Green's works stands out, to the point of it actually having a lasting effect on me, and making it worthwhile sitting through, as opposed to the rest.

Paper Towns. If you turn your nose up at reading a John Green novel, I don't blame you, but my suggestion is here nonetheless. The book is about a rare soul, at is core, and whilst the story isn't anything groundbreaking, we rarely get a novel where a rare soul is the centrepiece.

What is a rare soul? It's a person who is entirely unique. The irony of everyone thinking they're unique, is that that is exactly what makes them not so. Green's brought a great example to life, and I won't give away why, as that'd spoil the work. The point I'm trying to make is that Paper Towns is worth the shot.

LPC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Overcome.

  An Announcement by Luke Cowling. My newest book, Gearpox, launches this week! The work is the result of much time and dedication. I do not value your money, just that sweet, sweet validation. As such, all my previous works will be entirely free in kindle eBook form, for the week of release.   This includes: Owenoak – a fantasy novella set in the same universe as my newest release   Notes from the Monster Cartographer I & II – accompanying books for Owenoak, fictional encyclopedias   The Primrose Pages – a book of poetry sourced from the life I have lived thus far   Find these works here: https://www.amazon.com/L.-P.-Cowling/e/B07YW8744R%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share   Free book promotions begin Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 12:00 AM PST. So if you’re looking, and they’re not available yet, check back later.

To Smoke.

A Review by Luke Cowling. A little backstory on my interest in The Witcher series, I've played a game and I have seen the Netflix series and my opinion on the media that has resulted from that universe is really mixed. But I realise the interest in that universe just might have expanded greatly recently, so I wanted to throw my two cents in on a form of media relating to The Witcher that I received recently. This is my review of the production of the graphic novel collection produces by dark horse and cd recently, and my thoughts on how the print came out, and whether the production warrants an intrusion from your wallet. As always, thank you so much for the support, LPC.