Skip to main content

To Riddle.

A Thought by Luke Cowling.

I am time poor. Simple as that. None of us has the time we wish we had, for all the things we love. In a perfect world we all would, but the sad reality is that we all simply do not live there. So, what's the solution?
Some people avidly stick to schedules, time management sheets, allotments and alarms. I am not so organised, and to be honest, I don't really want to be. I simply do with my spare time was feels right, and if a lament it later, well, so be it. But when it comes to writing, I find it especially difficult to priorities this time. I am so excited to tell the story I am working on, but sometimes the monolith of things that remain to write, becomes daunting. 
I would hazard a guess that this is part of the reason we're all still waiting for Martin to finish 'The Winds of Winter'. But maybe I don't know this stranger's intent, as well as I think I do. But I take solace in the fact that I might share a common problem with one of the greatest there ever was. Is that too self indulgent?
I will leave you with a thought from another of the most renown authors of our age, and also one of my inspirations. Her solution for the time-poor riddle we all face, from a writer's perspective. 
"Be ruthless about protecting writing days, i.e., do not cave in to endless requests to have ‘essential’ and ‘long overdue’ meetings on those days. The funny thing is that, although writing has been my actual job for several years now, I still seem to have to fight for time in which to do it. Some people do not seem to grasp that I still have to sit down in peace and write the books, apparently believing that they pop up like mushrooms without my connivance." ~ J.K. Rowling


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Overcome.

  An Announcement by Luke Cowling. My newest book, Gearpox, launches this week! The work is the result of much time and dedication. I do not value your money, just that sweet, sweet validation. As such, all my previous works will be entirely free in kindle eBook form, for the week of release.   This includes: Owenoak – a fantasy novella set in the same universe as my newest release   Notes from the Monster Cartographer I & II – accompanying books for Owenoak, fictional encyclopedias   The Primrose Pages – a book of poetry sourced from the life I have lived thus far   Find these works here: https://www.amazon.com/L.-P.-Cowling/e/B07YW8744R%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share   Free book promotions begin Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 12:00 AM PST. So if you’re looking, and they’re not available yet, check back later.

To Smoke.

A Review by Luke Cowling. A little backstory on my interest in The Witcher series, I've played a game and I have seen the Netflix series and my opinion on the media that has resulted from that universe is really mixed. But I realise the interest in that universe just might have expanded greatly recently, so I wanted to throw my two cents in on a form of media relating to The Witcher that I received recently. This is my review of the production of the graphic novel collection produces by dark horse and cd recently, and my thoughts on how the print came out, and whether the production warrants an intrusion from your wallet. As always, thank you so much for the support, LPC.