Skip to main content

To Expose.

An Insight by Luke Cowling.

Describing things that have no worldly example is difficult. To make a portrait in words of something conceived of your own imagination that is, is something I struggle with regularly. It's something that has cropped up more often as I continue my progress with Owenoak's elaborate and lengthy successor.

As a result I feel sometimes it helps to point these ideas to pen, and try to describe what I am able to draw, rather than what is in my imagination. You see a drawing in pen is a finite thing, unlike your imagination. It will not evolve as your description is written, it is plainly there for you to describe, and I find this essential to getting an apt summary of something I've conceived.

I did toy with the notion of including these is the upcoming special edition of the NFTMC series. Though I feel they are such rough drafts, and of poor artistic quality, that they would add very little to the encyclopedia.

I do however have a poorly drawn example from my upcoming Owenoak sequel, that I would like to share regardless of my trepidation of its quality. You see it is not something I am publicizing, so perhaps that is the reason for my disregard, though I am not certain.


I'll not give anything away for it's application, as the guesswork might be more fun than spoiling the characters in which it will feature. I simply wanted to give an insight to the creative process of writing something conceived of imagination. In this example it is armour, donned by a particular protagonist, and some of the antagonists too. 

I look forward to explaining it's wear and use at publication, but until then...

LPC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Overcome.

  An Announcement by Luke Cowling. My newest book, Gearpox, launches this week! The work is the result of much time and dedication. I do not value your money, just that sweet, sweet validation. As such, all my previous works will be entirely free in kindle eBook form, for the week of release.   This includes: Owenoak – a fantasy novella set in the same universe as my newest release   Notes from the Monster Cartographer I & II – accompanying books for Owenoak, fictional encyclopedias   The Primrose Pages – a book of poetry sourced from the life I have lived thus far   Find these works here: https://www.amazon.com/L.-P.-Cowling/e/B07YW8744R%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share   Free book promotions begin Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 12:00 AM PST. So if you’re looking, and they’re not available yet, check back later.

To Smoke.

A Review by Luke Cowling. A little backstory on my interest in The Witcher series, I've played a game and I have seen the Netflix series and my opinion on the media that has resulted from that universe is really mixed. But I realise the interest in that universe just might have expanded greatly recently, so I wanted to throw my two cents in on a form of media relating to The Witcher that I received recently. This is my review of the production of the graphic novel collection produces by dark horse and cd recently, and my thoughts on how the print came out, and whether the production warrants an intrusion from your wallet. As always, thank you so much for the support, LPC.