Skip to main content

To Enjoy.

A Review by Luke Cowling.

The Prince of Thorns is a surprise is the best of ways. The book’s cover art, and the synopsis, give no impression to just how brilliant the work is.

The writing is extremely simple, suitable for teens or young adults. However the story itself is gruesome and littered with adult content.  What do you get when you combine the contrast between these very, very different styles? Why, a guilty pleasure book of course! And that is exactly what this first entry in the series is, a guilty pleasure. That piece of devils food cake that you eye every time you order a salad at your local cafe.


The Prince of Thorns is not an intellectually challenging read, nor should it be. But if that’s what you’re looking for from your next fantasy novel, then this isn’t it. What this is however, is a loveable rogue cutting a path in everyone and everything, making wise cracks and sometimes even enlightening commentary.

His commentary is really what makes this book as charming as it is. Written from a first person perspective, with the young Prince’s point of view adding spice to every situation, it’s absolutely perfect.

Would I recommend The Prince of Thorns? Absolutely, but for a purpose. Great for smashing out in a weekend. Or a bathroom book, five minutes here and there. Don’t take my word for it, eat that piece of cake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Overcome.

  An Announcement by Luke Cowling. My newest book, Gearpox, launches this week! The work is the result of much time and dedication. I do not value your money, just that sweet, sweet validation. As such, all my previous works will be entirely free in kindle eBook form, for the week of release.   This includes: Owenoak – a fantasy novella set in the same universe as my newest release   Notes from the Monster Cartographer I & II – accompanying books for Owenoak, fictional encyclopedias   The Primrose Pages – a book of poetry sourced from the life I have lived thus far   Find these works here: https://www.amazon.com/L.-P.-Cowling/e/B07YW8744R%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share   Free book promotions begin Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 12:00 AM PST. So if you’re looking, and they’re not available yet, check back later.

To Smoke.

A Review by Luke Cowling. A little backstory on my interest in The Witcher series, I've played a game and I have seen the Netflix series and my opinion on the media that has resulted from that universe is really mixed. But I realise the interest in that universe just might have expanded greatly recently, so I wanted to throw my two cents in on a form of media relating to The Witcher that I received recently. This is my review of the production of the graphic novel collection produces by dark horse and cd recently, and my thoughts on how the print came out, and whether the production warrants an intrusion from your wallet. As always, thank you so much for the support, LPC.